Saturday 21 May 2011

Ah, the big day!

For reasons I can't even fully define, I've been looking forward to today. I don't think I've ever been so eager for nothing to happen.

It's not like today is going to be a particularly important one. It's not going to make the history books. Most people will go about their business today and not even think about the Rapture; of those that do, most people will do little more than chuckle to themselves, shake their heads at what some people believe, and go on with their lives. Even most Christians think that ol' Harold is a nutcase, so it's not like today is going to have a good chance of mass deconversion.

But what -is- going to happen? That's what keeps me so interested. My curiosity has ever been my bane, and I'm going to be watching the news like a hawk today and for the next few days to see what happens. Will Harold release a statement? Will he backpedal? Will he set a new date? What about his followers? There's that couple with a small child and another on the way who quit their jobs and calculated their finances to dry up today, just in time to be raptured. What's going to happen to them? I feel bad for those kids, and I hope they won't be too proud to accept the charity that will likely start floating their way, if only for the children's sake. Will they, at least, reconsider their beliefs? How about the elderly gentleman in New York who liquidated his life savings to buy rapture billboards?

It's going to get interesting. I can't wait to see what happens after nothing happens.

2 comments:

  1. "never been so eager for nothing to happen"... priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have evidence to show today was just the False Rapture. I know when the real Save the Date is! See my latest post for the Truth!

    ReplyDelete